It’s one of the most common soundbites of health advice you hear: prevention is always easier than treatment. Of course, this adage is as true as it is popular, especially when it comes to skin care. Unfortunately, in our youth and day-to-day activities, we don’t always make the best choices for our largest organ’s health. After seven years of working outdoors, I learned just how important it is to prevent skin damage. I also learned that there is no such thing as perfect prevention. So, while it’s impossible to prevent or reverse 100% of the damage done to your skin, Reviva Labs has an almost-miracle product that can take skin damage prevention and treatment to a whole new level: Alpha Lipoic Acid, Vitamin C Ester & DMAE Cream.
Why It Works
Let’s break down the chemical content to find out what Reviva Labs Alpha Lipoic Acid, Vitamin C Ester & DMAE Cream can do for you:
- Alpha Lipoic Acid: an antioxidant that is fat soluble, water soluble, and may help to regenerate other antioxidants. One study by Beitner showed that a cream containing 5% alpha lipoic acid was effective at reducing fine lines in the skin caused by sun damage (Beitner H. Randomized, placebo controlled, double-blind study on the clinical efficacy of a cream containing 5% alpha-lipoic acid related to photoaging of facial skin. Br J Dermatol. 2003;149:841-9.)
- Vitamin C Ester (Ascorbyl palmitate): an extremely effective antioxidant that is key to collagen synthesis. (Austria R, Semenzato A, Bettero A. Stability of vitamin C derivatives in solution and topical formulations. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 1997;15(6):795-801.)
- DMAE (dimethylaminoethanol): while the mechanism by which it aids skin appearance is unknown, it can help provide increase firmness, improve facial muscle tone, and perhaps decrease inflammation (Grossman R. The role of dimethylaminoethanol in cosmetic dermatology. Am J Clin Dermatol. 2005 ;6(1):39-47.)
Readers of my site already know how much I love Reviva Labs: their products are innovative, effective, and extraordinarily safe from a chemical standpoint. Most of their products are gentle enough to work on any type of skin, and the Alpha Lipoic Acid, Vitamin C Ester & DMAE Cream is no exception. As a girl with oily, acne-prone skin that is constantly exposed to the sun’s harsh rays, I’m always hesitant to try moisturizers or night creams. I’ve found that most creams have chemicals that make my skin too oily or majorly increase sun sensitivity. With the ingredients in this product, I didn’t have to worry about either.
I was surprised at the consistency of the product when I first opened it. The Alpha Lipoic Acid, Vitamin C Ester & DMAE Cream is extremely light, lacking the usual greasy consistency of moisturizers. I knew that would be great news for my oily skin! As with all Reviva Labs products, a little bit went a long way. The lightweight product spread like an expensive night cream without feeling heavy afterwards. My facial skin and fingers felt incredibly soft after applying the cream. While I was happy not to worry about a breakout, I knew the true test of the product would the short- and long-term results.
By the next morning, I could already see improvement in the lines on my forehead. I knew those weren’t long-term results, but seeing the product work its magic after one night was highly encouraging. After a week, I noticed my skin looked slightly firmer and had better texture. After a month, my genetic forehead wrinkles were significantly less noticeable, my skin’s redness was significantly decreased, and my skin had a sort of glow to it. Is it a face lift in a jar? No. But it is probably the best investment you’ll ever make in a night cream. It’s only $23 dollars, which is cheaper than most moisturizers or night creams. My product lasted over a month, which means that you’re paying less than a dollar a day for REAL results. I guarantee you that’s a better value than your dangerously synthetic drugstore creams!
About Reviva Labs (from their website)
REVIVA LABS© has introduced many groundbreaking concepts Since its inception in 1973…
* The first to introduce exfoliation to America…with our European LIGHT SKIN PEEL (We were explaining the importance of exfoliation years before the cosmetics giants introduced their versions)
* The first to introduce elastin to America…Both in skin-care salons and health food stores
* No animal testing! Before it was even an issue (way back in 1973), we announced the testing of our products in skin-care salons rather than on animals
For over 38 Years Reviva Labs has been producing all natural skin-care products that help leave your skin healthier and more youthful-looking.
Reviva Labs products are sold in professional skin care salons and health food stores worldwide, which attests to our product’s effectiveness and safety.
Thinking about trying Reviva Labs Alpha Lipoic Acid, Vitamin C Ester & DMAE Cream yourself? There’s no better time than now, when you can fix the summer sun’s damage to your skin and prepare for the harsh wind of winter. Reviva Labs is so confident in their product that one lucky winner will be able to try it for FREE! You must be a US resident and over 18 years of age to enter. Winner must respond via email within 48 hours of receiving our congratulatory email to be eligible to receive their prize, otherwise a new winner will be chosen.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclaimer: Reviva Labs provided us Reviva Labs Light Skin Peel Exfoliant to try and review, free of charge. We were not required to write a positive review; all opinions of the product are our own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”